Thursday 3 February 2011

Closing Comments ...

Sooooooooooooooo many people have contacted me to say "Please update the BLOG" ... so here I finally am.

If you're a student who has studied at UWS in Paisley I would really enjoy hearing from you and being kept up-to-date
with what you're doing these days.

I guess I should start really by saying SORRY for letting this blog get so out of date. There are various reasons for this but most of them aren't worth going into right now. For those of you who don't know my Mum, who was also my very best friend, died quite suddenly at the end of June 2010. As you can imagine this has made for a difficult time for me and one in which I've needed to concentrate on family
and personal stuff. I have pasted here two of my favourite photos of my Mum and I. The first was taken in 1984 at the Los Angeles Olympics; the second is slightly more recent and was taken by my Dad on one of our many holidays together.

The one thing I have been so grateful for in all of this has been my faith in Jesus Christ. I can honestly say that I have not one ounce of doubt that my Mum is now in heaven and is free from all sickness and pain. I look forward to seeing her again one day!

In the midst of all this I have been faced with other changes too and many of you will already know that after living in Paisley for 14 years and developing the work amongst international students there ... I have just moved to Gillingham, Kent (England) to work with St Marks Church doing something very similar. I trust that my experiences over the past seven years will stand me in good stead as I seek to pioneer and develop work with students at the Medway Universities.

If you want to make contact my email address hasn't changed and I'd love to hear from you.
I've been blessed with a lovely new home and the kettle is always on ... so do visit.

No comments: